Sunday, October 18, 2015

Letter Project Process

I started brainstorming by thinking about things I saw in everyday life that were shaped like the letter N but couldn't really think of anything I liked so I decided to try bigger picture ideas like roads and rivers. I ended up combining my idea to make a board game shaped like the letter N with my idea to make roads shaped like the latter N to create my final with a side walk and a New York City background. Neither of my drafts were exactly the same design as my final but I did take aspects of the board game one.



This is my final:




In order to show New York City I drew buildings, including the Empire State Building because it's so famous and also drew things that are a little less iconic, like a New York hot dog, pretzel, ketchup, and mustard.





The hardest part of this project for me was making sure all the details looked nice and neat. Because there are a lot of little things in the background it was hard for me to make sure each one was well drawn and colored, but I think they all turned out pretty well.

Over all, I like my final project because I think the letter is clear and it represents my concept, although I wish I had spent some more time making sure all the buildings and their windows looked perfect.

If I went back to it now I would add more details to the back ground like street signs and a subway map, and I would also try to fix little things like making lines straighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment